Title: Central Production Director
Reports to: Executive Pastor of Locations
Supervises: Location Production Directors and Broadcast Director
The Production Director is responsible to build strong teams that create excellent experiences at weekend services and other church events. They oversee the areas of audio, video, lighting, media, and video broadcasting.
Build strong teams.
- Provide leadership and training to develop Production Leads.
- Train them to effectively oversee excellent production quality
- Teach them to troubleshoot problems when they occur.
- Provide resources, materials, and coaching.
- Ensure weekly service evaluation and improvement is taking place.
- Develop and train volunteers.
- Recruit, onboard and train volunteers to provide fully staffed and capable teams.
- Work with Production Directors to help each team member grow and develop.
- Develop role descriptions and responsibilities for each area of the team and ensure they are being followed.
- Establish processes and systems that help team members create a consistent high quality experience and ensure they are being executed with excellence.
- Lead the Broadcast Director to create an excellent video broadcast experience across all locations.
- Develop high quality audio engineers that consistently create a great audio experience. Contract out as necessary.
Produce excellent experiences at services and events.
- Participate in creative planning to plan and prepare for services and events.
- Ensure that teams are fully scheduled in advance for each service and event.
- Oversee and train in proper operation of audio, lighting, media, and video broadcast equipment.
- Create and model a culture of positivity that strives for excellence and regular improvement.
- Create and maintain setup, teardown, and operating procedures at each location.
- Troubleshoot and fix any issues that may arise production related.
- Create and update stage and set design across all locations.
- Prepare and manage ProPresenter with all necessary media elements (including teaching slides).
- Oversee the purchase, maintenance, and operation of all audio, video broadcast, lighting, and media production equipment for all locations.
- Develop detailed knowledge of operation and integration of all equipment.
- Manage and keep all computers updated and in top performance condition.
- Create and maintain an up-to-date inventory of equipment across all locations.
- Put measures in place to ensure that equipment and supplies are secured against damage, loss, or theft.
- Seek out and implement new technology and resources that improve production at services and events. Assess current and future technology needs and create acquisition strategies.
- Plan and execute installs at future locations.
- Manage the Production department budget.
- You may carry additional responsibilities based on your gifting and organizational need and will contribute and lead other things as they arise, that will move us forward in our vision.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Committed follower of Jesus.
- Organized and able to handle administrative duties.
- Embrace change and can adapt quickly with a “we can do anything” attitude.
- Make things better through evaluating and improving processes.
- Able to figure it out, follow through and get it done.
- Lead the way in generosity and faithful in giving.
- Like to laugh, have fun and enjoy celebrating.
- A hungry learner and a track record of leading yourself well.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Have reliable transportation.