🧑💻 Summary of Role
The Children’s Director is responsible for leading Epic Kids, creating an exciting and vibrant ministry and partnership with parents that will ignite a desire in the hearts of kids to know, love, and follow Jesus.
This is a full time Central role that reports to the Executive Pastor of Discipleship and oversees ministry to children from birth through sixth grade across all Epic locations.
👋 About Us
We think church should be fun, meaningful, and make a difference in your life. Our name, Epic, represents our vision: to see every person in the city know Jesus. We’re a growing multisite, non-denominational church, meeting online and at 5 physical locations in and around Philadelphia. We are #ForPhilly and fully committed to loving our city well
Epic Kids is an essential part of supporting families by setting an anchor of faith in the heart of every child. Our strategy is to partner with parents to lead their children into a growing relationship with Jesus.
We look forward to getting to know you and are excited for the next level of building into the most important people at our church – our kids!
👉 About You
You’ll thrive with us if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Love kids and developing leaders who love kids.
- Dream about how to best communicate to kids in creative ways.
- Are a dependable team player with a willingness to dive in and give it your all.
- Are a continual learner: Always improving strategies and processes for maximum impact.
- Believe that the mission of the church to see people find hope and life through Jesus is worth giving your life to.
This is what we hope you would bring to the table:
- Provide vision and leadership for Epic Kids to create a children’s ministry that can serve every family in the city.
- 3+ years of children’s ministry or directly related experience, and a bachelors in a related field (preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults.
- Experience serving families or children with special needs is a plus.
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteer teams.
- Great attitude and commitment to excellence.
This is what you’ll spend the most time on..
- Recruit, train, and motivate Epic Kids Directors, Team Leaders, and Team Members for leadership in Epic Kids’ programs.
- Develop, implement and coordinate various programs for children and their families that align with the goals of the church while modeling biblical priorities.
- Evaluate and select teaching content that is age appropriate, relatable, and engaging within a city context.
- Champion and oversee the execution of the small group strategy.
- Provide warm and friendly learning in both our in-person and online environment for children and families.
- Partner with parents to help their kids develop their faith in Jesus and love for God.
- Establish and evaluate departmental goals and objectives.
- Manage the Children’s Ministries department budget.