To see every person in the city know Jesus as the forgiver and leader of their life.
We create churches that lead people to and through their next steps.
👋 About Us
We think church should be fun, meaningful, and make a difference in your life. Our name, Epic, represents our vision, which is to see every person in the city know Jesus as the forgiver and leader of their life.
We are #ForPhilly and fully committed to loving our city well. We meet online and have 5 physical locations in and around Philadelphia. We’re 11 years old and we’re excited to add to the team, as we continue to go after the vision that God has put on our hearts – every person in the city.
👉 About You
You’ll thrive with us if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Love the creative process and respond well to feedback.
- Value collaboration, but can work independently.
- Dream about opportunities to communicate in creative ways.
- Believe that the mission of the church to see people find hope and life through Jesus is worth giving your life to.
- Are a continual learner: Always improving and finding better ways to use the latest tech and tools.
This is what we hope you would bring to the table:
- Creative vision and aesthetic that fits with Epic brand and personality
- Know how to communicate well through media and words
- Experience creating graphic arts, video editing, and motion graphics is a plus
- A great attitude
🧑💻 Summary of Role
The Creative Director has overall responsibility to provide leadership and direction for all creative needs across the church. They are hyper-focused on digital impact, creatively connecting with those who don’t know Jesus yet in Philly, and leading us into the future of the church communications and content.
We believe that the Church should be the most creative place on the planet. With that in mind, we hire people with a high level of vision, as well as technical skills.
This is what you’ll spend the most time on…
Provide strong leadership and direction for all creative needs across the church.
- Champion the culture and brand of Epic Church, overseeing the look and feel of Epic, both online and in-person.
- Lead and develop the creative team of volunteer team members and contractors, drawing out the best from everyone.
- Lead ideations and brainstorms to generate new ideas and concepts, and help solve problems.
- Look to the future – regularly evaluate and update our creative processes, content, and the Epic brand as needed, to appeal to and stay relevant with our target demographic.
Plan and produce current, compelling, and engaging content through the creative team.
- Support the creative design and production elements for message series, online services, weekend services, and special events, including graphics, video, etc.
- Oversee the look and feel of the environments at our physical locations – from the streets to the seats – including signage, wayfinding, lobby, auditorium, stage, kids spaces, etc.
- Manage projects effectively; meeting timelines, quality expectations, and overall goals.
Provide direction for Epic’s digital presences, internal and external communications, marketing, and public relations.
- Lead the ongoing development, design, and function of all websites and our app.
- Create an engaging community and impactful content through social media platforms.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies and plans to connect to an unchurched audience.
- Provide direction, guidance, and support to Epic staff, contractors, and team members in producing digital, print, and written communications and content.