🧑💻 Summary of Role
The Database Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of data processing, data integrity, and security and is able to export and present data in a form that will assist leadership in decision-making. This individual plays a key role in ensuring that congregants are well cared for and encouraged to take advantage of opportunities for spiritual growth and service to others.
👋 About Us
We think that church should be fun, meaningful, and make a difference in your life. Our name, Epic, represents our vision: to see every person in the city know Jesus. We’re a growing multisite, non-denominational church, meeting online and at 5 physical locations in and around Philadelphia. We are #ForPhilly and fully committed to loving our city well.
👉 About You
You’ll thrive with us if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Love spreadsheets and see the beauty and value in the stories that data can tell.
- Dream about how to use technology, automation, and data to further our mission.
- Are a dependable team player with a willingness to dive in and give it your all.
- Are a continual learner: Always improving strategies and processes for maximum impact.
- Believe that the mission of the church – to see people find hope and life through Jesus – is worth giving your life to.
This is what we hope you would bring to the table:
- Previous experience with or ready to learn Rock RMS, a highly adaptable, open-source church management software.
- Some experience using SQL or HTML is a plus.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct quality assurance and troubleshoot issues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Reporting and data visualization skills using software like Tableau is a plus.
This is what you’ll spend the most time on..
- Support the Central and Location staff in pastoring congregants by providing information, helping with the assimilation (follow-up) process, and producing reports.
- Use the Rock church management system to create communications, event registrations, workflows, etc.
- Develop new workflows, dashboards, and reports.
- Lead data entry team of volunteers. This requires recruiting, training, and inspiring people who serve.
- Manage inventory of supplies used on Sunday mornings and work with teams of volunteers to ensure that location bins are packed each week.
- Ethically handling private data, including financial records.
- Handle some accounting and data entry.
- Filing, handling returned mail, responding to congregant emails, and assisting with some clerical tasks.