Opportunity: Family Ministry Director
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Supervises: Youth Director and Location Family Ministry Directors
Status: Full-time – 45 hours per week
The Family Ministry Director is responsible for the development, promotion, and coordination of all ministries at Epic Church focusing on kids (ages 0 through 12th grade) and their families. This includes weekly services, family events, and partnership with parents.
- Develop, implement and coordinate various programs for children, students, and their families that align with the goals of the church while modeling biblical priorities.
- Provide a warm and friendly learning environment for children, students, and families.
- Partner with parents to help their kids develop a faith that sticks.
- Lead, empower and equip the Children’s Ministries’ department team and Youth Ministry team to effectively lead their respective ministries and meet with them regularly to clarify vision, goals, and strategy of the church.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, delegating tasks, and evaluating progress regularly.
- Manage the Children’s and Youth Ministries department budgets.
- Provide oversight and execution of small groups within the Family Ministry.
- Recruit, train, and motivate Location Directors, Team Leaders, and Team Members for leadership in Children’s and Youth Ministries programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of children’s ministry or directly related experience required.
- Experience serving families or children with special needs preferred.
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteer teams, handling and resolving difficult situations in a skilled and professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to align staff and volunteers with Epic’s mission, vision and values.
- Flexibility in work hours based on special events.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults.
- Administrative skills for leading a team, managing email, appointments, and multi-tasking.
- Ability to steward people, time, and money well.
- Ability to plan for the future, measure, and evaluate for results.
- Personal faith in Jesus and acceptance of standards of conduct outlined in Epic Staff Agreement.
- Full engagement in the life of the church, including participation in a life group each semester.
- Background check and child abuse clearances.
- Passionate about reaching every person in the city.
- Can embrace change and can adapt quickly with a “we can do anything” attitude.
- Will make things better through evaluating and improving processes.
- Is able to figure it out, follow-through, and get it done.
- Will lead the way in generosity and faithful in giving.
- Likes to laugh, have fun, and enjoy celebrating.
- Is a learner and has a track record of leading yourself well.