Find a quiet place and work through these questions yourself, and/or work through them with a friend, family member, or your life group.
- Thinking back on your life, what’s something you’ve learned or gained from someone who was “ten yards” ahead of you—someone who was further along the road than you?
- Do you have anyone like that in your life now? Who is it?
- What’s an area of your life you know you could really use some help with? Finances, relationships, marriage, faith?
- If you don’t have anyone like a mentor now, who are some people you might be able to pursue and invite to be a mentor, or to provide you with some guidance? (Remember: YOU need to invite them, insteading of waiting for someone to find you.)
- Flip the script: You’re further along in some way than someone you know. Who are you reaching back to help?
- If you don’t have someone like that yet, who’s someone in your circles (family, church, work, etc.) who could use your guidance?