Find a quiet place and work through these questions yourself, and/or work through them with a friend, family member, or your life group.
- Better priorities lead to better results. In what way(s) have you seen this play out in your life?
- What are the top distractions you have that keep you from your priorities?
- We often don’t have what it takes to finish when we’re first starting out. We don’t have everything we need at the beginning, but we pick it up along the way. How have you experienced this—in dating, marriage, parenting, your career, etc.?
- Be honest: are you someone who usually learns from personal experience (a.k.a. “the hard way”) or from others’ experiences? Is it both?
- Reading scripture regularly is an essential part of the journey for a follower of Jesus. Is it a priority for you? If not, what challenges have you faced in making it a priority? What distractions are in the way?
- If reading scripture regularly is a priority for you, what has helped you build that priority into a healthy habit? In what ways can you challenge yourself to grow even more this year?