- What’s an example of how you thought life would go for you when you were a kid or teenager?
- We all fall into a pattern of believing that we go as our circumstances go. We all try to control something in our lives. What have been some specific circumstances that hindered your ability to be content or at peace? What are you trying, unsuccessfully, to control in your life?
- What’s something that you weren’t able to do, but you can now do? What’s something you thought you’d never be able to get down, but in time, you formed the habit or ability?
- Can you think of any negative self-talk or patterns of thinking you’ve developed?
- Can you think of any way to rewire or reframe a negative pattern of thinking with a more positive, true, life-giving one?
- Action for the week: Identify your negative self-talk or self-destructive thoughts.
Find opportunities for rewiring, reframing, renewing your thoughts.