Find a quiet place and work through these questions yourself, and/or work through them with a friend, family member, or your life group.
- When a friend is doing something questionable, wrong, or even harmful, how do you usually try to handle it?
- How do you usually respond when someone confronts you with something you might be wrong about?
- When faced with the prospect of having to confront a friend about their decision-making, what scares you the most? What keeps you from saying something?
- How would you want someone to help you if you were making choices that could harm yourself, choices that don’t reflect the values you have when you’re thinking clearly?
- The best friends are the ones who encourage us to pursue and live out our greatest values and push us toward what’s most important. How much do the influential voices in your life push you toward your best values? How much do they pull you away from them?
- What can you do to better be the kind of friend who allows people to have tough conversations with you when you’re off the mark?