- Think about some of your closest and best relationships. What practices and habits do you think have helped to keep those relationships stay that close?
- Have you ever experienced “dry spells” or distance in any of those relationships, or can you think of a relationship that was once close but drifted apart? What were some of the factors that led to that distance or drifting?
- If you could rate your relationship with God on a scale of 1 to 10–1 being “not close at all” and 10 being “really close”–what would you rate it recently? Why do you feel that way?
- What do you think might make the biggest difference in helping you move and stay closer to God–reading scripture regularly, praying regularly, investing in spiritual relationships, worshiping (privately and corporately), or serving others? Anything else?
- When you get to the end of 2021, what would you like to be able to say about your relationship with God by that time? In what ways do you hope that relationship is reflected in your perspective and the way you live?