- Icebreaker: Think about all of the previous jobs you’ve worked, even as a kid. What were some of your favorite or least favorite ones?
- Who is someone in the professional world (mechanic, doctor, Chipotle burrito maker, etc.) you trust completely? Why do you trust them? If you can’t think of anyone you trust, why don’t you trust them?
- What is an area of your life that’s difficult for you to entrust to God completely? Why is that?
- In Matthew 6, Jesus says, “Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” How much does worrying about the future occupy your thoughts? Is there something specific you worry about the most?
- Jesus follows up that previous question by saying, “Seek first [God’s] kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” In the area of your life you struggle to trust God fully, what do you think it looks like to seek God’s kingdom first, to worry less and trust God more?