Find a quiet place and work through these questions yourself, and/or work through them with a friend, family member, or your life group.
- When you hear “enemy,” or “hate”—does anyone come to mind for you? Or do those terms seem too strong?
- Who is difficult for you to love? Who annoys you, disgusts you, makes you angry? Who has hurt you or betrayed you?
- What do you find challenging about loving your enemies?
- What would it look like for you to contribute to/hope for someone else’s wholeness (to “bless” them)?
- Who in your life has loved you when you were difficult to love? What can you learn from them, knowing that God’s heart for you is just like that?