Find a quiet place and work through these questions yourself, and/or work through them with a friend, family member, or your life group.
- How do you talk to yourself, especially in the midst of a failure, mistake, or stress?
And would you say the same things to someone you love dearly?
- What choices do you make for yourself that you wouldn’t approve for someone you love dearly?
- In what way(s) do you feel you have some room for improvement in loving yourself?
- Do you struggle with feeling like you’re not enough—not good enough, perfect enough, rich enough, etc.?
- If God is love, and love is patient, kind, not easily angered, keeps no record of wrongs, then the God revealed to is in Jesus is patient, kind, not easily angered, and keeps no record of wrongs. Did you grow up with a different view of God?
- Do you think there is any relationship, positive or negative, between the way you view yourself and the way you view God?