Find a quiet place and work through these questions yourself, and/or work through them with a friend, family member, or your life group.
- What’s something you’ve experienced, something you never asked for, that has made you wonder, “Why me?”
- What good things in your life also make you wonder, “Why me?”
- The grace of God means that we don’t need to work, earn, and prove our way to being qualified. Grace qualifies us, so we can go do good work. In what ways do you find yourself trying to work, earn, and prove your way to being qualified, worthy, or enough?
- Perfectionism is a tool we use to avoid criticism, judgment, and shame, but only keeps us enslaved to those things. Do you see any perfectionist tendencies in what you do? How do you think perfectionism only keeps you trapped in a cycle of judgment and shame?
- What would it look like for you to actively lean in to and pursue the grace of God when you’re feeling unworthy, unqualified, or wondering, “Why me?”