Find a quiet place and work through these questions yourself, and/or work through them with a friend, family member, or your life group.
- In Toy Story 4, Forky asks, “Why am I alive?” How would you answer this question for yourself? What do you think you were made for?
- Too often, we live out the identity that feels most familiar. What familiar, unhealthy labels do you continue to live out?
- When you think about some of these labels you believe about yourself, how might they be limiting your life or causing you to settle?
- It’s scary to live a life of faith, hope, and love—it means you have to face doubts, disappointments, and hurt. In what ways are you trying to numb, escape, or avoid the risk of disappointment or pain? What would it look like to “get off the shelf” and face it?
- Who do you have in your life who can encourage you and remind you of who you’re becoming, not where you’ve been?