Find a quiet place and work through these questions yourself, and/or work through them with a friend, family member, or your life group.
- You can find more information and resources about depression and mental health at epic.church/mentalhealthresources.
- What has made it difficult for you to talk/open up about depression—either your own personal experience with it, or with someone you know who experiences it?
- How does it feel when you reach out for help when you’re experiencing depression? What holds you back (and why)?
- Have you ever felt misunderstood or stigmatized as you’ve gone through depression? What was that like?
- What do you need the most from the people around you when you’re experiencing depression? Do you have people you trust enough to communicate those needs to them?
- What’s a next step you can take to support your mental health?
- As a friend or family member of someone experiencing depression, what can you do to reach out to this person and be more supportive/understanding?