- What’s an obstacle you’re facing or have faced that you wish you could just push an “Easy” button and have it taken care of?
- How would you rate your ability to deal with difficult things you didn’t plan for?
- Before he was arrested and crucified, Jesus felt overwhelmed with sorrow and prayed this: “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
What can you learn from what and how Jesus prays in that moment?
- In what small ways can you practice leaning into the hard things on a daily or weekly basis to train for the bigger things down the road?
- In Romans 5:3-5, the apostle Paul writes: “…we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.” Do you believe that? Why or why not? Have you experienced this at all–the development of hope and character by going through obstacles?